上一主题:Weather in Calgary
下一主题:Mock exam morning session question
返回列表 发帖

Any Surprises

My first test at level 1, not sure how it turned out. It went really quick though. I tested in Lynwood Convention Center, surprised by the number of proctors, the level of seriousness, the level of stress, and the amount of candidates. All in all a very positive experience and if I have to take the level 1 exam again I will be much better at it the second time around since I know what it really is going to be like.

I was suprised at how young everyone looked, it felt like everyone was a student...or at least that everybody was in their 20s

CFAMaven Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
yes I know it shouldn't matter for an exam...but
> still, seeing everybody in t-shirts and jeans gave
> me a feeling that this was less of an exams for
> professionals - even if its wrong of me to make
> such a conclusion)

Really? Are you serious? I laugh at people who turn up in suits! Is it really comfy to sit in a suit and tie for 6 hours? And do your clothes really affect your knowledge/exam performance?

Lol, I am in my 20s also, so no offense taken.

I was actually hoping to see more older people in the exam, and even dressed more "professionally" (yes I know it shouldn't matter for an exam...but still, seeing everybody in t-shirts and jeans gave me a feeling that this was less of an exams for professionals - even if its wrong of me to make such a conclusion)

I remember the first time I took Level 1, I was really shocked and how the proctors are like mafia and even the guy reading the announcements was a bit scary! I had no idea they took it all so seriously, but I guess I should have figured that based on the info on the site etc etc.

Best bit though is the amount of people that bring the wrong calculator! HOW? How could you not know!!!

saw a dude in NYC wearing a suit and was like "wtf". Why wear a suit to take a test. You need to be comfotable

LOL! You don't know how much that made me laugh!

I'm a massive heavy metal fan, and I ALWAYS wear a metallica t-shirt and a hoodie to the test centre, its my lucky t-shirt! Its what I feel comfy in and makes me feel confident, I like to be different, among a see of preppy boys wearing loafers and Ralph Lauren sweaters.

I appreciate you're opinion though and I think a lot of people think like that, but just makes me proud to be different.

Wow! That is funny lol

Talk about coincidence...you didn't take the Montreal exam by any chance ? : D

返回列表
上一主题:Weather in Calgary
下一主题:Mock exam morning session question