返回列表 发帖

London exam - Anyone else hear the Taste of Christmas disturbance?

During the paper last week, there was a 'Taste of Christmas' event going on in the Excel Centre, at the same time as the CFA Level 1 exam (in a different room of course).

However, when I hit the equities section, I suddenly started hearing 3-5 second blasts of cooking tips given by some cheerful woman who seemed to be hosting the event - Played loudly over the speaker system in OUR exam hall! I was super distracted and scared that it would go on throughout, but luckily the proctors managed to take care of it within 20 minutes.. This was really annoying though, and I was lucky enough to have enough time left to complete the paper - Though I spent 10 minutes on one question because I was so distracted by her voice (really irritating).

Anyone else on the forum heard this??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 02:56PM by lovina.

i did yeah, it was funny but i got annoyed after a while.

I was in London but must have been in another room cause I couldnt' hear it.

Reminds me of when I took my final CIMA exams, I did them at West Ham conference centre, and about half way through a football commentary came on over the loud speakers....I found that annoying!! It came on and off for about 45 minutes!!

Sup, Bexter, Gogirl, looks like London is the place to be.

"good personality ... or he was known as Lt. Mandingo during his army days."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 11:52AM by nuppal.

I was in London and heard the proctor talk about the music, I only heard vague rumblings but apart from that nothing much, they should really give more time out when things like this happen, that's what happened at school and university so I'd think that's the least CFA institute could offer?!

返回列表