上一主题:Temporal method: Inventory?
下一主题:IFRS vs US GAAP
返回列表 发帖

ROS vs Priority of Transactions

In the CFA ethics book did anyone notice that while question #26 p158 allows a PM to sell (when contracy to the firm's recommendation) as long it doesn't disadvantage current clients, question#6 p225 (in the ROS section) prohibits trading in a manner contrary to employee or firm's most recent recommendations. Is this an inconsistency - if not I didn't realize ROS could differ so much from the Standards. I didn't see either question on the errata. Please advise.

Can someone please advise on this? Just to clarify the question is over personal trades.

Per Andrew .."John the PM had to sell XYZ stock to pay his kid's medical bills, and he personally didn't write the recommendation, what's the big deal"

That's exactly what I thought. In question#6 p225- Kepsh sells shares to pay for a wedding anniversary gift for his wife. Is this restricted because it's a gift not a being used for financial hardship? The solution only states that its a violation because it's contrary to the employee's or firm's recommendation. In question #26 p158 the PM is selling to cover child's tuition. The solution states POT does not limit employee trading that differ from recommendations.

返回列表
上一主题:Temporal method: Inventory?
下一主题:IFRS vs US GAAP