上一主题:STUFF IN CFAI BUT NOT IN SCHWESER
下一主题:CFA Mock Errata
返回列表 发帖
iteracom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes. L2 is a great sacrifice. The statistic is
> something like only 5% of people taking L2 for the
> first time will pass it.

I'd like to know where this statistic came from as well. I've always wondered what the breakdown on the passrate is between 1st timers, 2nd timers, and so on is.

FinNinja Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> iteracom Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yes. L2 is a great sacrifice. The statistic is
> > something like only 5% of people taking L2 for
> the
> > first time will pass it.
>
> I'd like to know where this statistic came from as
> well. I've always wondered what the breakdown on
> the passrate is between 1st timers, 2nd timers,
> and so on is.

----- This statistic is obviously made up
I wouldn't believe any numbers unless provided by CFAI...

The candidate pool is made up of those who we're good enough to pass level I, but I know alot of people who failed level I their first time too....I'd say from all the people I know personally (from my experience), the ratio is similar for level II.. I know alot of people who passed level II their first time through

I think a big problem lies in the material, where level I is just a re-cap of the undergrad for the majority of people.... where most people haven't studied the majority of material in level II...

best of luck to all the level II candidates... I'm looking forward to beginning in January..I was going to start in November but figured I'd enjoy a couple months before losing all my free time to CFA haha

Statistic came from Schweser. Believe what you want to.

Huh? That 5% seems really sketchy. For instance, let's say 50% of L2 candidates are first timers. Then only 2.5% of candidates are first time passers. If the overall passing rate is 40%, then only 1/16 of people who passed L2 did so on the first try.

Similarly, if 25% of candidates are first timers, then 1.25% are first time passers and 1/32 of passers are first timers.

If 75% of candidates are first timers, then 3.75% are first time passers and 3/32 of passers are first timers.

I don't know what you're thinking, but this fails the common sense test to me. If Schweser really says it's 5%, then it's hard to believe that this is anything other than them trying to scare people into buying their product.

Iteracom,

I'm still interested in this statistic, do you have backup of where you saw this from Schwesser? I think it would be an interesting read.

5% seems a little low, but could be accurate as you don't see too many 3rd timers (though you do see some). There could be a survivorship bias in there as well as people may not want to take it a 3rd time. I wonder if this statistic is just for first timers who go Dec level I to June level II.

My friend taking a schweser course said one of the instructors gave it out.

返回列表
上一主题:STUFF IN CFAI BUT NOT IN SCHWESER
下一主题:CFA Mock Errata