上一主题:Schweser Book 2 Exam 2pm
下一主题:Paranoid: sample exam answer
返回列表 发帖

CFAI L2 2011 Mock Afternoon Q37

This is a quick and probably a dumb question.
I cannot believe I still don't know this but what the hell is "consolidation method?"
Is this same as acquisition method?! I couldn't find definition of consolidation method either in the CFA curriculum/index or in the Schwesser books.
Judging by the answer to this question, I am guessing maybe it's acquisition method. But for joint ventures I thought proportionate consolidation or equity method is preferred?!
Thanks!

Please read the ethics section...Or better yet, the bottom of the Mock exam.

Do not post specific questions about the mock exam.

Just trying to prevent possible violations for you.

Oops sorry I had no idea. But I'm not restating the question per say, but asking merely for a definition of a word presented within the problem. Is that really a violation? It seems like the blurb on the bottom says I can't post the questiosn onlines but it didn't prohibit me from asking questions about it.

I am getting paranoid and confused. Aren't 50% of this forum asking questions on the mock exam?!

Don't get paranoid! Actually, come to think of it, it does seem like a lot of questions are based from the Mock on this site... Maybe it's fine; I'd rather be safe than sorry though.

Don't worry. Good luck with your studies

you cant delete it now, maybe if you flag it and as mods to do so. but I wouldn't worry, just know you are not supposed to do it

can someone please help me with this question??
adore is a joint venture, and glace is IFRS.
shouldn't this be proprtionate consolidation?- answer choice b?!
also cupernico is a us gaap, so shouldn't they be using equity method?

IFRS: prefer PP for joint
GAAP: prefer equity mthod

so yea you are right

返回列表
上一主题:Schweser Book 2 Exam 2pm
下一主题:Paranoid: sample exam answer