上一主题:JENSENS Alpha
下一主题:FRA - Intercorporate Investments - Reclassification vs Reporting
返回列表 发帖

Client Gift(s) Disclosure

1) Must disclose gifts from a client to employer
2) You only need permission from employer if the gifts are for FUTURE performance. Gifts for past performance don't need permission to accept (but you still must notify your employer).
3) Only written permission is an acceptable form of permission (not verbal, etc.)
4) Email is acceptable as written.

These are all correct, right?

i think the gift needs to be brought to the attention of your supervisor/employer either prior to accepting or as soon as possible afterwards. The supervisor will then be able to assess (in the future), your independence, objectivity etc...

Aslong as the gift is not contingent on future results.

How about if it is a significant gift for past performance... Wouldn't this need to be disclosed?

cos it could lead to a bias towards the particular client/account in anticipation of similar gifts in the future..?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Monday, May 30, 2011 at 02:23AM by adq123.

What if in the question is simply written that permission has been obtained. No clue whether verbal or written, what do you do in this case?

Matori Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think it requires consent. Just disclosure
> to the employer.

I meant in case of additional compensation arrangement. You need written permission. Now, in the question it's simply written that permission has been obtained. What do you infer from this? Written or Verbal?

Oh for Additional Comp...

These ethics questions blow my mind... I find they bounce around from one question to another in the answers and explanation of the answer...

I would go with my gut and claim that the permission obtained is not written and therefore a violation.

lol again that's what I did and got thrown up...It's even more frustrating when you get all of them correct in one exam and start feeling high, and soon in the next exam you get all of them incorrect. How can a guy with fair level of knowledge produce this inconsistent result?

One more question so far I knew sharing the client information with legal counsel is a violation even if there is any illegal activity going on in the client account. Schweser vol 2 exam 2 Morning session Q#13 says it's allowed.

I know you can approach, discuss and know you legal responsibilities including when you get a letter from govt authorities but you are not supposed to disclose the confidential client information unless the person you are disclosing the details are also working for the client. The reason being this is just your suspicion, no one has proved that the client has done anything wrong. If there is nothing wrong with the client and you still disclose the information, client will make he will sue you for millions.

返回列表
上一主题:JENSENS Alpha
下一主题:FRA - Intercorporate Investments - Reclassification vs Reporting