返回列表 发帖
The way to pass in your shoes is just to answer the choices you are 100% on.

Guess on the others you are unsure even if you think it's A.

I am in state where i think an extra week of prep might have helped to just make it. thats what makes it worse

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Friday, June 3, 2011 at 12:37PM by late_starter.

Same boat. It was Wednesday morning when I realized I had no shot. Spent all day Wednesday pissed off and could not focus on anything, let alone the material. Skimmed the last day or two but it's just to look busy in front of the wife.

My thoughts are this... I will sit for the exam and spend all three hours of both sessions in that chair working on problems. Generously assuming that I can get 40% of the questions correct at this point based on what I know. Then if I can somehow guess correctly on 50% of the remaining 60% that puts me at 70% and on to L3. Can anyone tell me the odds of getting 36 right out of 72 when it's an equal 33.3% chance of winning?

late_starter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am in state where i think an extra week of prep
> might have helped to just make it. thats what
> makes it worse

Statistically, if it's true that an extra week can help you significantly, it would tell us that your expected outcome should only be slightly below passing. However, due to the fact exams like this vary greatly with much emphasis on spot checking as opposed to comprehensive testing, the volatility would increase the chance of your "free call option" being in the money.

As volatility goes up, your chance of passing increases. You'd be a fool to miss out on this opportunity. Good luck.

It would be pretty ironic if this guy scored 100% by dumb luck, and then screwed us all on the bell curve though... unlikely yet marginally possible occurence

"I graduated cum laude and all that @#$%&.. never failed a thing in my life and failed level 2 last year. It sucks. Write the exam, lick your wounds and your pride after then nail it next year."

I almost got kicked out of college :-).

Passed my CPA exam on the first try, and Level 1--but I've failed in other things (college) due to lack of preparation / drive. I studied a lot more for this than I did for L1, I hope it's enough. Been a long time since I tasted the bitter-sweet flavor of failure... My sincerest wishes to all of you. Luck and a good attitude make up for a lot, so let's do this thing! We can all come back next year if need be...

返回列表