上一主题:Life will not change just bc you passed L1
下一主题:ATTENTION NEW L3 CANDIDATES
返回列表 发帖

Should I try again?

I've got a band 9 for my 1st attempt. I had read that level 2 and 3 are so much more difficult than level 1. If I take up the challenge again, I wonder will I get stuck in level 2. Anybody out there has heard of anyone who had failed level 1, yet few years later, manage to get a cfa designation??

No waste of time if you're not already in the industry

Simz-
Level2 and Level3 are much much harder. You have to make a decision either you are "in" or "out". My opinion the decision would be based on your age and field of profession. If you are young...then go for it. At the least it is a great learning experience and it opens doors for you especially in the investment industry. If you are older and NOT sure whether you want to be in the investment industry then you may not want to do it. The reason why age is important is if you are "in" you can potentially miss a lot of simple and fun things in your life as this needs a lot of time and energy. The situation can get complicated if you have a partner and kids.

I know people even in their mid-30s who don't directly work in the investment industry who are in the final stages of the program. This needs a lot of dedication a lot of time but this endeavor will teach you a lot and expanded your professional network, irrespective of where you are in the world. I would say worth every minute of my effort if that is what you want. But the question is do you want to be 'in"?

Good luck with everything you do.

...And Smiz. This is a challenging exam, it is unfortunate that you got a band9. You were so close. The CFA exams will challenge you again but with dedication and preparation this is doable.
Good luck again.

返回列表
上一主题:Life will not change just bc you passed L1
下一主题:ATTENTION NEW L3 CANDIDATES