上一主题:Real-Life Private Firm Valuation Question
下一主题:2011 AM Question 9C
返回列表 发帖

revision technique while studying.....i feel i will forget t

hey guys,
i am preparing for dec 12….i am studyng financial reprting…i just get tensed that ill forgt what i studied in the last readings i did…any specific advice on revision?
please help

Do the EOC from the CFAI books now and do qbank questions 1 week after reading the SS to refresh…Practice problems is 10 times more important than reading.

1 small tip, which I would like to do in next times. I took L1 last week in Jun’12 exam.
I would like to make own formula sheet, that helps to remember them.

dont worry arvindanallen, every level 1 candidate has this feeling while reading the first time. nothing wrong with it.
just make sure you finish first reading earlier enough to get ample time to revise the whole curriculum once again. also if you can manage, do all end of chapter questions at least twice and then in last two weeks do lots of practice questions and mock tests, revising again each and every concept you get wrong in questions…
believe me, you will be fine.

Do QBank tests often.  As you read more material, increase the sections represented on the QBank tests.  That’ll keep the concepts fresh.

Yea, I forgot to mention.  The Intermediate/advanced is really key.  The CFAI Q’s are much harder than QBank (worded differently too), so best not to get false confidence with the give me questions in QBank.

I didn’t think the EOC were particularly difficult (on average), if you did the CFAI readings carefully.
The QBank questions are certainly more computational and repetitive though. I felt like after working through the first 60 or so questions in any session, I could easily get 80+% on the rest because they would keep asking the same things.
To maximize retention, I think it’s best to revise old readings before moving on to new ones and, yes, do practice questions. I ignored this advice and ended up panicking the last few weeks.

repetition. repetition. repetition.

返回列表
上一主题:Real-Life Private Firm Valuation Question
下一主题:2011 AM Question 9C