返回列表 发帖
FIAA beats you all!
Actuary is harder than anything in finance.

I don’t think it is impossible to pass all these exams. There is so much overlap across the syllabus that if you “master” one, the rest just require “marginal” studies. Personally, I did PRM (all 4 levels) in June-July 2011, level 1 CAIA in September 2011, level 1 FRM in November 2011, level 1 CFA in December 2011, level 2 FRM in May 2012. Also, during this time I was doing an internship and my final year of undergrad AND I am not from a finance (or even a closely related) field.
I took a hiatus because I ran out of funds to pay for CFA L2. I will be attempting it this June.
If you ask me, I don’t really see the harm in doing them if you can pay for it. All the exams combined cost me like $4,000 maybe. Considering that a full-time degree is much MUCH more expensive, I don’t see why you should not.
Why did I do all these? Because I wanted to make a point. I was in a noname (I’m talking even if you hear about it you won’t be able to pronounce it kind of noname) undergrad college and really, to get anywhere, I wanted to show that it was just because I had a bad year before joining. Since then, I’ve gotten into a prestigious university and have a consultant job at KPMG waiting for me after I graduate.
Edit: @Ashray2: I personally felt that FRM was much more challening than CFA. I felt CFA L1 was pretty easy. FRM  made me think. I’m sure the next few levels of CFA will be harder. But I can assure you, FRM is not for “CFA rejects.”

返回列表