上一主题:How gamma changes over time
下一主题:Fixed Income Pop Quiz - credit options
返回列表 发帖

Current topics that seem to be overweighted?

Anyone seem to think CFAI just doesn't have it quite right? I understand you're testing diefferent things year over year due to re-takers and the like, but anyone feel like they seem to way overvalue any topics? I

guess I really don't understand why so much was tested on or at least touched on international investments or currency exchange. There wasn't a swap question where they didn't throw it in for good measure when testing another concept. Also, the addition of an IFRS to GAAP step as a precursor to testing multiples concepts is trying. They basically found a way to ask at least 240 questions and packaged it in 120 on paper.

Other than that I still feel like testing on Soft-Dollar practices is kind of cheap. It's the one section of ethics that basically is unrelated to the functions of 90% of those attempting certification. Other Ethics topics are fairly universal and worthwhile, yet they dedicated a whole vignette to it?

I was surprised there wasnt a single bit on residual income.
Also options were my strong point in Derivatives whereas Swaps were my weakest and guess what happened

I understand topics being left out, but when subjects show up in multiple vignettes while other topcs are left out completely, you know it was a point to hammer those topics home. In that respect, I don't think their choice of topics to hammer home is appropriate at all, they're better suited to use those to test additional material.

anyone else find anything you think CFAI is way out of line with it's real-world value?

i wonder how old those exam question contributors are. the wording was extremely bad, dispicably awkward, somewhat cynical.
the interest parities are officially mentioned in at least three topics in the text. and i didn't see a single bit of them in the exam. the CDO garbage was that much seriously discussed in the text, and i don't see it in the exam. and the capital lease adjustment? really cheap shot.

not being transparent about the exam is the worst i think. there is no good reason why we shouldnt be able to see our scores, question by question and the way they grade it. make it public after the exam. what do they have to hide?

jojosf

jojosf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> not being transparent about the exam is the worst
> i think. there is no good reason why we shouldnt
> be able to see our scores, question by question
> and the way they grade it. make it public after
> the exam. what do they have to hide?

I think they're so far invested in whatever process they have now that they' can't see the forest through the trees. its almost the illusion of importance and secrecy. if it takes 90 days to grade a multiple choice test there's obviously bickering about individual q's, it's effect on the MPS, pass rates, etc. take a step back and realize your test is still just a test and there will be idiosyncracies, no need to mold the results after they occur.

返回列表
上一主题:How gamma changes over time
下一主题:Fixed Income Pop Quiz - credit options