上一主题:Duration and Change in Yields
下一主题:mock exams with 3 M/C answers or 4
返回列表 发帖
Can anybody advice the best study strategy for Level 1 which will help in understanding the concepts to nail any question on the actual CFA exams and also create a strong understanding on the CBOK for L1

I am referring the Schweser material and can do the EOC questions, however the CFAI EOC are difficult and somehow Im not confident on answering these EOC questions

Any suggestions as I understand the actual exams are not as easy as the Schweser questions

kingstongal :

Whats the best approach to the practice questions (whether they are Q-bank or EOCs)?

In the GMAT I used to do questions in batches (10 or 20 questions at a time) while timing myself with (average-question-time * number-of-questions). Then I go over my answers and review any difficult concepts there. Is this the same approach to CFA practice questions?

Sorry, didn't see your msg before.

Depends on your personal preferences - I used to do at least 60 questions in one set at the beginning, but then realized that this was very inefficient. I would get bored by the end and not work as concentrated. So then I started doing smaller sets of about 30-40 questions - and of course take some time to carefully review the answers. I guess you could do even smaller sets, but since you also need to get used to doing large sets of questions like in the exam I wouldn't go too small.

Later on in your preparation, you need to start taking the test exams provided by Schweser and the CFA and here I would recommend doing the full 3 hour set in one go. I am not sure whehter one needs to take a full exam (i.e. two 3 hour sets) in a day. I didn't and it certainly didn't do any harm. What's important that you learn to manage your time for a 3 hour set.

I hope this helps!

返回列表
上一主题:Duration and Change in Yields
下一主题:mock exams with 3 M/C answers or 4