上一主题:Quote-Driven Market
下一主题:Level II Question – Mock Exam Scores
返回列表 发帖

market adjusted implementation shortfall?

I can understand the concept of implementation shortfall which measures pnl difference between a paper trade and a real trade. So the smaller the number the better.

Market adjusted I.S subtracts the return of the stock from the I.S. I am confused. What does this really measure? Can someone say the meaning in a sentence?

Thanks!

Implementation Shortfall, as a measure, is usually used for small & urgent trades. These trades may have market impacts but they are usually very small. So it's fair to extract the market movement from it.

My confusion is that I.S. is a relative number. Now subtracting an absolute return, what does the value mean?

Not sure what you're asking...Implementation Shortfall is the difference between the paper portfolio's return and a actual portfolio's return. All are returns.

I can understand implementation shortfall which is the differences of two abosolute returns.

I.S.(stock i) = (PNL(paper) - PNL(portfolio)) / (initial investment in paper trade)

The closer this number to zero, the better "trading".

M.A.I.S. (stock i)= I.S.(stock i) - Return(stock i)

This definition is not intuitive to me. How to interpret the number? The smaller the better or the larger the better? etc.

Thanks!

返回列表
上一主题:Quote-Driven Market
下一主题:Level II Question – Mock Exam Scores