上一主题:Stanley Cup and NBA Finals
下一主题:burnout anyone?
返回列表 发帖

BRICs Thread

hey guys,

what about a thread summarizing the key points we should have in mind regarding the BRICs? so that we can avoid missing easy points, typically in the PM session if we get a whole vignette on that stuff..

thanks!
M.

Though these are great notes, I don't expect them to give us this kind of minutia on the exam. The only thing I'd know is that the forecast for BRIC economics is for their currencies and spending to appreciate up to 4x.

The other thing to know is that per capita income will remain below G6 except for Russia, because 50% of their deaths are related to alcoholism and so population decreases, leading to higher per capita income. This is probably the most relevant of the BRIC stuff for me.

I thought the same thing, then missed a BRIC question on the MC portion of the BSAS exam last weekend because I had ignored this stuff (unfortunately I don't remember what the question was). On the off-chance that it is tested, I don't want to leave any easy points on the table.

I think some testable material on this may be judging how risky an emerging markets country is. I'm at work and don't have my materials, but does anyone remember the rules for this?

I think it was something along the lines of debt levels as a % of GDP, % of foreign currency reserves relative to debt, etc...

I wouldn't think they'd ask you certain thresholds (i.e - what are considered reasonable debt/GDP ratios), but they might ask how these ratios look like for an emerging market compared to a developed one. Easy points.

返回列表
上一主题:Stanley Cup and NBA Finals
下一主题:burnout anyone?