上一主题:Credit Spread Forward : Long or short
下一主题:Schweser on supernormal growth
返回列表 发帖

Is it too late to start for June 2011 Exam

I have engineering background as well as I'm working in finance industry for past 5 yrs in technology role.

I'm thinking of getting my CFA level 1, Is it too late to start for June 2011 exam? I will have about 4 months at hand. I think I'll be able to spend 20-25hours a week (so probably around 300-350 hours of study effort), does this time seems reasonable for preparation?

I have read through various posts on this site, Regarding ELAN guides, is it elanguides.com site?

I'm planning to register for exam tomorrow, please respond.

-KK

You have exactly 4 months to prepare...a schedule of atleast 3 hours a day and few more on weekends should see you through !! Aim to keep last 3 weeks atleast for revision and mock exams... I read Elan offers Eco material as free sample...so maybe you could start off with that immediately ...until your material arrives !
All the best

I started off in feb and managed to clear.. so I guess its nt too late..

Hey,

I don't think it is too late at all. With your given time allotment I think you will do fine (I prepped 45 days, and think doing all the studying in a shorter window helped with info retention).

My recommendation is to read the Schweser Notes exclusively, work through all the questions in there, and do thousands of questions from QBank throughout your whole study period, including the sections you've already taken. If I would change one thing, it would be to have used the sample tests earlier in my studying, there are more than enough of them, and they give you a good feel for the structure of the exam questions (less reliance on formulas, more reliance on knowledge of principles).

Good luck, you can do it.

Neil

返回列表
上一主题:Credit Spread Forward : Long or short
下一主题:Schweser on supernormal growth