上一主题:Thread on retabulation (for band 10ers)
下一主题:Held to Maturity - Impairment? (GAAP vs. IFRS)
返回列表 发帖

Prep Strategy?

Hi All,

I need your advice on prep strategy. I failed in Dec 2010 lvl 1 exam due to lack of time for review (I had only 1 week to review all material). Here are couple of things I thought to do this time, what do you think about that:

- Instead of time clocking (300 hrs) I would put when to finish with the Study Sessions in my schedule, it is less stressful.

- Do you have any structure on which subject to begin with or do you start doing from SS 1 to 18. I mean is it better to start with easier ones and have the most difficult for last for better memory retention?

- I will use CFAI for Ethics and do the rest with Elan notes and finish of each reading with Elan's PQ and CFAI EOC.

- I will try to have at least 4 weeks for doing the review EOC summary and Elans 11th hour guide; sample questions from CFAI, mock exam from Elan and CFAI.

Is it anything more I should think of which I have missed from the forum topics.

Thanks for your advice.

Sounds like a pretty good plan. I tried keeping track of my hours at the beginning, but that was too much work. I made a plan to do a couple SS each week and when I wanted to finish and just stuck to that. That sounds like what you want to do, which should work just fine if you stick with it.

I did all the sessions in order, but that's just because I don't like to skip around. It keeps me on track going in order.

Your plan for review is pretty much exactly what I did. Gave myself about a month to review. I did EOC questions, CFAI mock, Stalla mock, Elan mock, and Elan 11th hour guide during the last week.

返回列表
上一主题:Thread on retabulation (for band 10ers)
下一主题:Held to Maturity - Impairment? (GAAP vs. IFRS)