上一主题:Bundled Fee
下一主题:L3 Repeater - CFAI Mocks Me
返回列表 发帖
Is anyone else starting to get excited? Crunch time is now and I notice my studying finally starting to pay off.

I'm excited about it being over
But yeah, I know what you mean. Still not at the level I want it to be, obviously, but I finally feel like my brain is retaining some of the material...

FSA is becoming better now? Really? I need to go over it again, but I'm at a point where I've gone over 90% of the material, but it still feels like I have a weak understanding of everything....

Do you guys know what I mean? I guess I will need to go over it...over everything...about 6 times!!

I felt that way at first but then I realized that I was just being really hard on myself because it's so important to me to pass. Once I relaxed I started absorbing the material a lot more easily and now I find myself able to apply the concepts and understand them.

As I'm sure you've heard many people say- the key is to learn it the material, not memorize it. I have found some really good study guides- including a 4 sheet print out of all the differences between GAAP and IFRS that helped me a lot. I also made flash cards of all the FSA ratios (liquidity, solvency, profitability, etc) and memorized those. Knowing those ratios has helped me be able to piece together a lot of pertinent questions. Let's keep spit balling, it's really helpful.

snap -- i have FSA flashcards too - total lifesaver and i'm pretty confident i will be able to nail most of the questions involving ratios. if there's a link online to your GAAP/IFRS differences, that would be awesome.
agree with you on learning vs memorizing. however on tax bases, i'm going down the 'memorizing' route because i just don't get it! but that's one of the only topics in the whole curriculum that i feel that way about, so i figure that's not a disaster...

I did Taxes from Elan and got about 60% CFAI EOC questions correct ... Am quite unsure of a lot of things there.. but will just go with 60% taxes... I figure if I work on others properly, it wouldn't matter very much.... What about Reading 40,41 and 42? they are highly theory oriented... Are you guys stressing on those?

I'm not sure which readings 40, 41, and 42 are... Specify and maybe we can discuss them and clarify for the both of us if I'm having trouble w/ them also... Do either of you feel you have a particular niche ( quant, econ., etc.)? We can use this thread as a study forum to help eachother with our weaknesses if are strengths are complimentary...

They are the Red Flags, Accounting Shenanigans, FSA - Applications readings... a lot of theory to read... not much logic to understand, most of it is just boring theory... I don't know how much of it we are expected to 'memorize'
I still haven't looked at Ethics and Book 6, but I am fine with most of the other stuff if I have my book in hand (which I wont during the exam, I know but I can try to clear any doubts you may have... ) I do have some of my own doubts too, and if you are willing, we can look at them in this thread...

返回列表
上一主题:Bundled Fee
下一主题:L3 Repeater - CFAI Mocks Me