上一主题:Analysis Paralysis (Rant)
下一主题:Having to work like crazy?
返回列表 发帖

Shud we adjust the no. of decimal places to 6?

I have the no. of decimal places adjusted to 4 in my TI BA plus calculator. I recall that L1 schweser suggested setting it to 4 places.

However, today while attempting some schweser questions, I couldn't drill down to the correct answer coz of the rounding off issue. I think there was another thread where someone got a v diff answer coz of the same issue.

Should we adjust the no. of decimal places to 6 or 8?

I have mine set to 6.

I don't recall needing 6 decimals for many (if any) CFAI EOC questions. I'm rocking 4. If I need more I can change it.

I'm rocking 4, but I also contemplated 6 for awhile before I went to bed one night. I don't think the exams are ever crazy calculation intensive. I'm also going risky and not bringing an extra calculator or back up batteries. Yeah I like to live on the edge, what's it to you?

I had to set my calc to 6 digits when I was working a TB problem. Reading 67 Q1. The CFAI text went out to 6 digits when they were calculating the optimal portfolio. Hopefully we don't see any surprises on exam day that would require that many decimal places. That's about the only time I've needed to do that.

Float that @#$%&.

返回列表
上一主题:Analysis Paralysis (Rant)
下一主题:Having to work like crazy?