上一主题:Schweser Mock Exam
下一主题:Probability
返回列表 发帖

Last 2 weeks?

Just signed up to AF.

I'm going to have finished my review of the basics by this Friday and then I have two weeks off work. What I will have done by then is:

Schweser notes
Schweser video CDs
Schweser Flashcards
1080 Schweser QBank Easy/Medium questions

What I haven't done is:
CFAI notes
CFAI EOC questions
Schweser practice exams
Any mocks

What do you think is the most valuable way I can spend the final two weeks?

Everyone would tell you EOC, but not me.

I would do only the multi choice EOC, I do not find the open ended ones very usefull, it is a multi choice test. Its like going to boot camp in Alaska then going to war in Iraq.

Find the older CFAI mocks online, I did 2009, 2010, 2011
Older than 2009, I started seeing things that are no longer in the program, and questions being asked in a diff way, I don't find it very relavent

Everyone sais, solve, solve, solve...its the key...
I find that after a couple of mocks, if you are not doing okay maybe you are better off going to the books...not much value to mocks if you go through them not knowing much while trying to tell yourself "i am learning from my mistakes." Most people don't lol...

No benefit. If you select a 60 q exam set to All it seems to throw in 6 - 12 hard questions. I just find you cover more of the basics with the easy/medium questions. I was trying to build up solid foundations first before I moved to the hard questions.

^Thats actually what I am doing now.

After retaking the same mock, my R^2 bettwen the two runs was 0.99, ie almost the same exact mistakes and same exact score proving that I learning nothing in my prior run...

So now I am checking question by question, or item set per item set, but i dont care to take a mock and grade it any more...

At this point is not going to do me good, i need to study every min i can anyway if I score high or low, so i am not looking to check my performance, I am looking to improve it...

Guys,

How do we get access to 2009/10/11 CFAI mock exams??

the 2011 mock? C'MON MAN!!!

Apologies, my question was asking how do we get access to past mock exams (i.e. 2009 & 10) as the CFAI website only seems to publish current year mocks. Unless you are a re-taker and have the mocks from previous years, I didn't know other canditates could obtain access to previous mock exams...

返回列表
上一主题:Schweser Mock Exam
下一主题:Probability