上一主题:everyone here will pass
下一主题:Loss Aversion and Regret Minimization
返回列表 发帖

Study Strategy of those repeating the exam?

First, its really hard to get motivated each time I open the books but I guess I don't have any choice. I wanted to know what changed strategy you are doing for 2011.
By end of this month I would be able to complete the 1st read of CFA text and now debating should I read Schweser or give a 2nd run on the CFA text. If I do CFA text then I need to make notes else it will be tough for retention point of view when it comes closer to the exam. However notes taking can take lot of time which could be utilized otherwise (practice test etc) However if I read Schweser then I will not be reinforcing what I have already studied in the text. I am bit confused and scared. Please share your strategy as I am sure nobody would like to sit again next year.

Thanks and have a happy 2011.

I make notes on the first read of the CFAI text. I usually end up with 6 of the 1-subject notebooks filled. Then, I do an intensive review of those notes for about 2 weeks. Then I jump into practice tests.

The problem with going from 1 read of everything into practice tests is that the delay lag is too big. You're not going to remember everything you read from 3 months ago (if much at all). The practice questions will help, but you end up re-learning only whatever practice questions you hit. Anything else you will miss.

返回列表
上一主题:everyone here will pass
下一主题:Loss Aversion and Regret Minimization