上一主题:Preferred and Common Dividend
下一主题:Accrual tranches and prepayment risk
返回列表 发帖
I am currently completing a cover letter for an investment analyst position and am waiting for Level 1 results. I was not sure how to exactly make reference to my current status...do I still state 2011 Level 1 CFA Candidate (even though I am not technically registered for any exams at the moment)? Or can I state that I am awaiting results from the June 2011 Level 1 CFA exam? I would assume the latter but want to be sure as the firm has a number of charterholders.

I appreciate any input...Thanks

should be "Level 1 candidate in the CFA Program"

You are candidate from the time your registration is confirmed till the time you results are declared.

If you pass you can write "Passed Level 1 of the CFA Examination in June 2011".
If you fail you have no status, unless you register again and your registration is accepted.

Yes, cfabombay is correct. I actually did the same for my resume. However, I do wonder if that provides any leverage at all. I have seen some people who have put that in their resumes, and I was very very skeptic of even mentioning it before getting the results (superstition maybe ;p), but a friend was urging me to. I guess it couldn't hurt no?

before the june 2011 level 1 exam, i had "something" attached to my name to suggest that i was a level 1 candidate. i don't see that anymore when i log in on the CFA website(after writing the june 4 2011 level 1 exam). i thought i would remain a level 1 candidate until the results are out.

zinamarina Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> However, I do wonder if that
> provides any leverage at all. I have seen some
> people who have put that in their resumes, and I
> was very very skeptic of even mentioning it before
> getting the results (superstition maybe ;p), but a
> friend was urging me to. I guess it couldn't hurt
> no?

Mixed results. But in general: no, it doesn't, unless you can supplement it with something valuable like good internship or work experience, or a prestigious degree.

"L1 candidate" means you were able to shell out $800 to register for an exam. That's it. You haven't accomplished anything.

I think it helps for entry level people, particularly if you have few meaningful internships or other experience. It shows that you've thought about a career in finance, and have taken some initiative to look into credentials that might help you in the future.

Agree with princealley and ohai! It can definitely add value to your resume but don't assume you'll get places based on CFA Level I alone.

princealley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is some non-US markets even candidacy in the
> program sends out a strong signal, especially if
> you're not out of college yet....

Funny, I'd have thought the contrary. In Europe (ok, well in Switzerland), I feel like the CFA is regarded as yet another standardized American test. I remember my quant professor talking with a very french arrogant attitude towards it (so maybe it's just the academia world). Whereas now that I'm in NY, people seem to value it more. Anyway, I graduated over 2 years ago and I've been in my job for over a year and a half so I guess I'll put it anyway.
Thanks for your insights

返回列表
上一主题:Preferred and Common Dividend
下一主题:Accrual tranches and prepayment risk