上一主题:Study budy in Irvine, CA
下一主题:Just did CFAI Mock Exam (85%)
返回列表 发帖

elan video guides

anyone have comments/opinion on these?

for those of you who did use these:
1) were all the lecturers clear and explain concepts in a good way?
2) was it enough information that you can just listen/take notes for the test? or you still need to read all the study notes in compliment?

thanks

I have the elan guides ultimate package. The video lecture come directly from their notes. So I don't see the point of taking seperate notes. I do like the videos. But for some of the more complex and difficult subjects like probability and FRA, I found that he was going a little to fast. So reading the notes was better for those subjects, in some case you will resort to reading the curriculum, because notes lacks depth and detail. Like portfolio management and market organization. I especially love the instructors rants how they moved certain things from L2 to L1 and he understand why. You won't find that in the notes.
TAKE YOUR LOS SERIOUSLY AND YOU CAN NEVER DO TOO MANY PRACTICE QUESTIONS!

Wanted to add this, but for some reason couldn't edit my post...

The lecturer really knows his stuff. Overall the videos are very thorough and great for gaining an understanding of the material. However you will still need to read the notes to reinforce the concepts. There is just too much material for you to retain by using just the videos. I actually took notes on the handouts while watching the videos and then read the guides. Finally I would do the E0C questions and their practice questions to nail the concepts.

Good luck

I will give LI in Dec 2011...i am following the same technique like first i am going through all specific topic like derivative's video and than reviewing the book so that my concepts become more clear if i missed anything during the lectures...a must thing...practice every question no matter how easy it looks!!

Best of Luck!

and also buy elan eleventh hour guide and use it 1.5 months before the exam date for revision.

My bro has cleared all the 3 levels of CFA and 2 levels of FRM (gave level 2 of CFA with Level 1 of FRM & Level 3 of CFA with Level 2 of FRM) and he followed this strategy and works for him...

返回列表
上一主题:Study budy in Irvine, CA
下一主题:Just did CFAI Mock Exam (85%)