上一主题:sign of passing
下一主题:Becoming a CFA... as cheaply as possible
返回列表 发帖

So I failed band 5...

Somewhere around March I knew I was not going to pass and although I really did spend a lot of time (in hours) studying, I knew that the quality of my studying was not the best. I am a CPA by trade (for a venture capital firm) and was a bit overwhelmed with some of the finance/investment topics.

I only used Schweser to study and a bigger mistake on my part was not taking one day a week as a "review" day to go back and actually study previous topics. My goal when I was studying was to get through the material as fast as I could, completely wrong approach.

My new approach is to start early, probably first week in November, go slower and use the CFA text. As I talked to some CFAs that I work with, I realized that I should really try and study more actively, making my own notes from the CFA texts and working through the CFA questions and EOCs carefully. I probably should still buy a question bank, is this ELAN website really that good??

Any thoughts on the new approach as a re-taker? I am dissappointed, but not discouraged.

返回列表
上一主题:sign of passing
下一主题:Becoming a CFA... as cheaply as possible