上一主题:Justified P/B multiple
下一主题:Associate Quantitative Portfolio Manager Role - Anyone Interested?
返回列表 发帖

Membership knock-back

Has anyone been turned down yet and, thus, presumably had their application for the charter refused?

I had an email giving me the knock-back this morning. It said.........

"Your membership upgrade request with CFA Institute is not approved. At this time, you do not meet the requirements for regular membership. You may view your work experience results by visiting Your Account. It may be helpful to review the work experience guidelines and sample jobs.

If you have any questions, you may contact us.

Thank you,

Client Services "

I wouldn't ordinarily mind but I only did the CFA to try and keep myself fresh! Oh, what a laugh the CFAI is having at my expense. Ah well, I guess they can't take the exam result away from me - or can they????? To add insult to injury, they gave the charter to someone who works for me and I trained!!!!

In fairness, you probably just need to describe your work experience better when applying. Your situation is quite common.

I ran into the problem when I applied for my Affiliate membership. I called Client Services and they said I did not give enough details in my job description. Once I updated it they cleared me in a week or so.

I was a PM and RIA for 8 years when I passed adn they turned me down initially because I didnt explain enough. They farm that part out to some service that verifies your experience. Take your experience, write a long description that ties much of what you do to the curriculum (dont be afraid to use "buzz" words here, they work), and resubmit. This happens more often than not.

Cheers.

Re-submitted and accepted but what a nightmare after all those hours of work!

My account in CFAI shows that the status is "Under Review - Society" and the decision days remaining is 35. However, I have not received any further advice from CFAI and my local society yet until now. What shall I do next ?

alta168 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My account in CFAI shows that the status is "Under
> Review - Society" and the decision days remaining
> is 35. However, I have not received any further
> advice from CFAI and my local society yet until
> now. What shall I do next ?

Contact your local society and see what is up. When my application was "Under Society Review", all I did was call up my local society (NYSSA) and pay their membership dues. Once I paid, the status on my CFAI application changed. Then once I paid CFAI, my membership status changed to "Regular Member".

Hi,

Just want to know whether the CFAI will help me to find a member sponsor as I don't know anyone of them.

Thanks,
Ricky

Your local society will, probably. Mine (NYSSA) did.

返回列表
上一主题:Justified P/B multiple
下一主题:Associate Quantitative Portfolio Manager Role - Anyone Interested?