上一主题:Slight confusion on P/Es
下一主题:How to find the Fair Market Value of GIC?
返回列表 发帖

Credit Research Interview

Hey Folks,

I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on the type of question that might be asked for a first round fixed income analyst (corporate credit research) interview?

It's for a buyside firm (subsidiary of a life insurance co), working closely with PMs in making recommendations on credits for inclusion in a portfolio (focus on total return fixed income, relative value recommendations).

Thanks!

What's your background? That will determine the type of questions you can expect. Straight out of undergrad then know bond basics, where the yield curve is and how it has moved for the past year or two, general economic forecasts, and have a couple tidbits about different credit sectors you have an interest in.

A couple years out with relevant experience then you better be able to talk more specifics and which sectors have value and be able to back up any opinion you have with a good story.

Thanks for the info. Yes, I have a few years of experience at a rating agency, however, primarily focusing on one sector. Since the focus isn't on pricing as much and comparing it with other sectors, I guess it would be helpful to follow advice #2?

Danny Boy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's your background? That will determine the
> type of questions you can expect. Straight out of
> undergrad then know bond basics, where the yield
> curve is and how it has moved for the past year or
> two, general economic forecasts, and have a couple
> tidbits about different credit sectors you have an
> interest in.
>
> A couple years out with relevant experience then
> you better be able to talk more specifics and
> which sectors have value and be able to back up
> any opinion you have with a good story.

I disagree.
OP wrote "corporate credit research". I would assume that a huge portion of the role would entail looking at companies' financials to evaluate their solvency and financial strength.
I could be wrong though.

I like your screen name.
Have you read "the Nicomachean Ethics"?
The book gave me some sense of comcept of life. I loved it.

Excuse me for hijacking your thread.

返回列表
上一主题:Slight confusion on P/Es
下一主题:How to find the Fair Market Value of GIC?