上一主题:"You should buy quality names"
下一主题:Hedge fund replication
返回列表 发帖

Interview - Need advice please!

I started a new job in operations a couple of months ago. Not too crazy about it, but I'm a recent graduate (undergrad 2009) and decided to take what I can get in this job market and make the best of it. A couple of days ago I received call to schedule an interview for a position I'm really interested in. I went ahead and agreed to come in. Was I wrong to do that? Do I put my current role on my resume? Is it even worth going in?

I'd appreciate any input!

If you're wondering whether it was a bad idea to go for another interview after only being at your current role for two months, I'd say no. It's always a good idea to be open to meeting with people.

As for whether it's a bad idea for you to agree to come in for a position you're really interested in...uh....no????

How did they find you? They thought you were an undergrad from 2009 with no work experience for 2 years? I doubt it. I think it's ok to put your current job. Just don't give your boss's # or any other information until you get an offer like others have written on here before. Go for it!! I wish you the best of luck.

WARNING CORNY QUOTE: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Thursday, August 4, 2011 at 04:40PM by lxwarr30.

My concern is how I will be perceived. I started a new job and already going in to interview for another role. I've always heard of how employers dislike candidates that show a lack of dedication. How can I avoid that?

They found me through my school's recruiting site, and I've held a couple of contract positions post graduation. I accepted my current role because it was a permanent full time offer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Thursday, August 4, 2011 at 04:47PM by Ruby527.

How much hard is it not to tell anybody in your current office that you are going for an interview for a position that you are really interested in?

Ruby527 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My concern is how I will be perceived. I started a
> new job and already going in to interview for
> another role. I've always heard of how employers
> dislike candidates that show a lack of dedication.
> How can I avoid that?

You do that by telling a story that 1) indicates you're hyper focused on the sort of role for which you're interviewing and 2) has the obvious conclusion that you wind up in the role for which you're interviewing. A big part of how you're perceived is how you present yourself.

返回列表
上一主题:"You should buy quality names"
下一主题:Hedge fund replication