上一主题:Java tool to download stock info from IB/Yahoo/Google
下一主题:Durations of Non-USD Bonds
返回列表 发帖

Annual equity research summit

so I actually went to the annual ER summit in Stamford CT hosted by the local society, apparently they do this every year and had a pretty good panel of hotshots, including head of equities at SAC, prob the biggest buyer of sell side ER, and head of research at Macquarie.

Now Im not trying to turn this into a CFA vs MBA debate, but the head of research said in front of everyone, "if you have a CFA, you get an interview with me definitely"

Didnt say anything about an MBA.

ok, now with that said.. let me zip up my flame suit here.. ok im ready

interacom, aside from completely setting the record straight once and for all, how was the summit? I saw a few ads for it, and I was wondering if there was any use in going. I always enjoy hearing from top people in the business, but didn't know if there were any other benefits of being there.

Would you recommend going to it next year?

Personally, I'm in AM, but I thought it was really good, and I'm probably going to go every year. it starts with some macro , where the industry is going and what it takes to be successful. You hear about ER, but also what the top funds are looking for in talent, or hiring.

For someone who doesn't have a job, it's not much a networking opportunity. It would be a mistake to go there thinking you can get some business cards and land a job. There were a few of those people, and they may have been discouraged at the end.

it's best for people already working in ER. for others in finance, it was a good way to see what top funds are thinking these days. For the trying to break in, I would say it's still worth going, because you pick up what the industry is like today, I could see some benefit during interviews.

Iteracom, I was in one of those in NY and I thought it was a bit disappointing. I'm not in ER and it was not anything new or that I hadn't heard before. It's true though that it's interesting to see how the funds think these days. And of course, the guy invited by the CFA society will say if you have a cfa you can get an interview
On networking possibilities, it was not that great either but I think I didn't do it very well either. It's still worth going (it's free for members ) and talk to people. You never know what happens.

返回列表
上一主题:Java tool to download stock info from IB/Yahoo/Google
下一主题:Durations of Non-USD Bonds