上一主题:Q Bank question #2348 CFF
下一主题:Are there 3 CFA Sample Exams?
返回列表 发帖

Any Non Inv-Management Folks taking L3?

Hey guys,
I realize for all you folks in the industry (working in asset management, wealth management etc) L3 will be easier than the first two levels because its what you superstars do on a day to day basis. I am in public accounting myself (yes, I hate it - which is why I am doing the CFA so I can get out of here hopefully) and passing L1 and L2 on the first try was hard enough, with busy season between Jan and March. Any of you folks in similar situations? How are you attacking L3?
Thanks!

I’m in equity research. It’s much different than anything I do, but still sort of interesting!

You are the man you public accountant you

I just got into equity research a month ago, I have 5 months to get my 3 series licenses (exempt from Series 86 since I passed L2!) and with the new job and workload, I may have to give up on passing L3 this year..

we know we know greengrape, you seem to point this out in EVERY post you write.

Yes, I’m not in the industry and having passed 1&2 first go, failed L3 last year.
I think this was a mix of not doing enough work , and the content being much more focussd on on portfolio management, which may aid the guys who do it for a living. I have to say I find it hard to get motivated by the L3 content.
I also need to escape from a job I don’t enjoy, so am putting the hours in this time round - like actually reading the CFAI curriculum for instance.

Yes. I’m going on my 4th year as a receptionist. I’m attacking Level III with the hope of getting a job that doesn’t require me to clean up coffee spilled by trash retail brokers. I’m going to own those piles of crap someday… . . unless I fail level III… … .
Finding the material very tough to internalize.

i’m in pub accounting too.
L3 is definitely tougher - if you are like me, the L1 and L2 accounting was an easy 20% or so, no shortcuts this time.

im in it for the love of the game

返回列表
上一主题:Q Bank question #2348 CFF
下一主题:Are there 3 CFA Sample Exams?