上一主题:Anyone failed L1 once but cleared L2 /L3 in single attempts?
下一主题:Reading 16 - Appendix A & B
返回列表 发帖

moving a portfolio from a composite - GIPS

“portfolios cannot be switched from one composite to another unless documented changes in client guidelines or the redefinition of the composite make it appropriate. The historical record of the portfolio must remain with the appropriate composite”
“..the Standards do not permit changes to composites to be applied retroactively. To repeat, if a portfolio is switched..the historical record of the portfolio must remain in the appropriate composite”
I have a feeling I am reading too much into this, but when you read appropriate in the two quotes above (p268 vol 6 CFAI text), do you interpret as the portfolio historical performance is in the ORIGINAL composite or the NEW composite? (i get thrown off by the work remain in the second quote)
My gut says that it should be ORIGINAL composite.

Hmmm…the way I understood it is the history has to remain in the original composite no matter what.
Now I will have to revisit this.

If portfolio x gets switched from composite A to composite B, I take the “must remain” part to be composite A.

ok. looks like there is some consensus that historical performance remains in Composite A and future portfolio will be reported in the new composite B.

返回列表
上一主题:Anyone failed L1 once but cleared L2 /L3 in single attempts?
下一主题:Reading 16 - Appendix A & B