上一主题:Ethics:Not in morning session ??
下一主题:Morning session questions
返回列表 发帖

How much statistical detail is required on the exam?

I passed the Level 1 exam in December. I remember feeling like the quantitative material during the exam did not seem as detailed as it had been presented in the book. I am currently working on the quantitative material now for level two. Does anyone know if the amount of detail provided in the CFAI books is to enhance your understanding of the concepts or if the exam test that detail. (Ex. I doubt calculating excess kurtosis would be required on Level 1 because of the amount of time but it is probable that you could be asked to interpret excess kurtosis).

Use the LOS. CFAI is very specific as to what will be tested in the exam. LOS will clearly tell you the level of detail required (calculate or interpret or define etc).

You can also use practice / mock exams to get an impression.

Quant was a friggin joke last year. I spent so much time on quant only to see 6 questions that I dont feel accurately represented the material, but were fair game questions.

if you haven’t nailed the Quant from Level 1 you need to go back and learn it properly as Level 2 quant is just an upgrade. I scored  70% on L1 quant and now am making a good progress even though the material is tough.

返回列表
上一主题:Ethics:Not in morning session ??
下一主题:Morning session questions