上一主题:Equity DLOC/DLOM question
下一主题:Ethics got me last year
返回列表 发帖

Min comp for CFA + portfolio management in Boston?

I’m moving up from a senior analyst position to a PM role this year in a mid sized asset management firm (HNW & U-HNW). Experience for the past few years has been making discretionary investment decisions, doing research for an investment committee, and reviewing portfolios/ investment ideas with clients alongside our firm’s senior partners. PM role would essentially be more of the same but with little direct supervision. No sales/revenue generation duties (aka i don’t have a “book of business”). Been too busy worrying about doing work and banging out the CFA exams over the past couple of years; now that I’ve passed L3 I’m starting to look around and wonder if I’m getting a fair deal. What comp range do you think I should be looking for? What’s the minimum total comp you would take in my position? Performance reviews every year have been good, work in Boston.

I’m still having trouble understanding the concept of a “market compensation” for portfolio managers. Shouldn’t this depend on individual factors, like your performance? Even if you have the exact same title and years of experience as someone sitting next to you, a $30k difference in compensation is completely reasonable. There is obviously a distribution of compensation for any kind of job. How can we make any valid inferences without knowing what that distribution is?

Wow, I’m a bit surprised by the numbers you guys are throwing out. Anyone have estimates for the exact same situation but in other cities i.e. New York? Would be interesting for some context.

返回列表
上一主题:Equity DLOC/DLOM question
下一主题:Ethics got me last year