上一主题:Utter pointlessness of "number of hours" queries
下一主题:CFA Level 3 Ethics
返回列表 发帖

Will CFA help me get back into finance?

Hi all, I’m considering taking the L1 CFA and need some advice on my situation.  Sorry if this is long.
After finishing my undergrad, I was working in investment consulting/wealth management as an analyst for a few years until I was laid off in 2010.  I was discouraged since I had sacreficed a lot for the firm, but realized it wasn’t easy for them either.  So I took it in stride and I spent several months trying to get back into the industry.  Unfortunately I was unsuccessful.
I decided to move back home to help my family out since I had been gone for almost 10 years since finishing high school.  My family said I should go travel since it would be one of those rare occasions in life where you actually had free time, something they never had.  I had built up a savings over the years, so I took their advice and decided to travel and visit all my friends around the US and Asia.  It’s been an enriching experience being abroad, something I’m thankful for.  I wouldn’t take it back for anything.
With my positive mindset I am ready to get back into finance.  I have sharpened my resume and am confident in what I’ve done.  However one weakness I am wondering about is my employment gap in 2010 until now.  My question is, if you were a hiring manager, would this gap deter you from seeking more information about me?  All I would need is a cover letter or preferably an interview to explain, but I know I may not get that luxury.  So, while I am applying for jobs, I am considering just signing up for the test and studying so I may have the ability to slap it on my resume, to at least suggest some academic progress so we would have some grounds for conversation (although I know many suggest not to mention L1 candidate since in reality, it means nothing).  But it is what is and I must work with what I have.
What do you all think?  TIA.

返回列表
上一主题:Utter pointlessness of "number of hours" queries
下一主题:CFA Level 3 Ethics