上一主题:Default Risk Premium for a One-Period Debt Instrument, QM ba
下一主题:help on question 1 pg 240 vol 4 equity - possible error ?
返回列表 发帖

Strategy for Ethics

I was having a quick flick through the CFAI material for Ethics last night. Is the material for the most part the same as L1? There’s the Soft Dollar stuff and the case study that wasn’t in L1, but the core part seems the same as L1. Is this right? Is it just the question format that is different?
What’s the best strategy for tackling Ethics for L2. If the material is indeed the same, I just can’t see myself re-reading the material from the CFAI text. I’ll do a heap of questions for sure, but can’t stand the thought of re-reading that material.
What is or was your strategy on this section?

Remember–you have the Code and Standards, which represents the bulk of the ethics material, then you have the “stub” material, which changes from Level to Level. I expect that the vast majority of the questions will be over the Code and Standards. And we know that there will be two item sets on ethics, both in the afternoon. (Ethics isn’t tested in the morning session at Level 3.)
The material for the Code and Standards is the exact same. It is the Standards of Practice Handbook, 10th Edition. The questions are the exact same. I do not know whether the actual exam questions will be different, or how they might manifest themselves if, in fact, they are different. I have heard some people say that they are harder, but I don’t know how true that is.
cleverCFA wrote:… I just can’t see myself re-reading the material from the CFAI text. I’ll do a heap of questions for sure, but can’t stand the thought of re-reading that material.

I disagree–I think that if you don’t freshen up, you will have forgotten a lot of it. I would at least read it once through–maybe in May. And I would answer a lot of questions.

To be frank I didnt refresh the material from Level 1. I did problems after problems in the Itemset format. I think this strategy helped me. Reading the entire thing again would be an overkill, but do the problems again (and again). I think that should be more than enough..
Soft dollar standards was what killed me though (well almost, I scraped through somehow to L3).. Give that some real reading my friends..

返回列表
上一主题:Default Risk Premium for a One-Period Debt Instrument, QM ba
下一主题:help on question 1 pg 240 vol 4 equity - possible error ?