上一主题:Issues with target debt to equity ratios plz help
下一主题:Required return calculation question
返回列表 发帖

Work Experience Requirement - Financial Statement Auditor

Hi all,
I’m trying to manage my expectations for when I (hopefully) get through the final exam next year. Has anyone had any trouble pushing public accounting experience through as applicable work experience? Many of the clients I audited were financial institutions.
Thanks!  
Dan

People have gotten their work experience approved with less. ..

Thanks Frank. I just saw that 3% of charterholders are Accountants/Auditors. Not a huge number, but the fact that they recognize the profession means my chances are probably pretty good.

shockermandan wrote:
Thanks Frank. I just saw that 3% of charterholders are Accountants/Auditors. Not a huge number, but the fact that they recognize the profession means my chances are probably pretty good.
You’re in like flynn. Even though I work for an accounting firm, what I do has less relevance than what auditors do.

I had no problem getting audit experience approved although it was accompanied by a chunk of experience relating to valuation and M&A advisory that I started subsequent to my audit days.
That said, I come from an accounting background and know of many people that have had this time approved.

It depends on how you embellish, er… describe your work experience. If in doubt, just copy and paste the sample description on the CFAI website.
http://www.cfainstitute.org/about/membership/process/Pages/work_experience_descriptions.aspx
Auditor:
“I performed financial statement audits of companies that carried significant assets and liabilities subject to fair value accounting. I assessed the reasonableness of the valuations and assumptions behind the valuations of those assets and liabilities.”

I got mine approved and I’m a auditor.

返回列表
上一主题:Issues with target debt to equity ratios plz help
下一主题:Required return calculation question