上一主题:2012年获得CFA证书的朋友,我怎么现在都没收到证书?
下一主题:财务报表术语中英文对照
返回列表 发帖

what are the benefits of being a CFA charterholder?

Hello,
i have second thought about the CFA program. what can the CFA program guarantee you? a better job? more money? i am in my early 30s and work in investment banking ( back office) in a big bank for 7+ years. if i pass all three exams and become a charterholder, will it be easier for me to move to the front office? or will it easier for me to get a job in asset management (portfolio manager)? i know the CFA program is about credential, However, will an interviewer favor a charterholder over other candidate even if the charterholder doesn’t do well on the interview? when i thought about these questions, i lose motivation. don’t get me wrong, i saw people here are very excited about the exams and very motivated, i envy them and wish i can be like them, but i’ve been struggling among work, life, and CFA and just thinking if it’s worth it…
please feel free to share your thoughts/opinions. thanks.

i have second thought about the CFA program. what can the CFA program guarantee you? a better job? more money?
A: depends. 现在市场不好,加薪估计只有asset management或者funds有可能,banking即使是trader也没有加薪。在美国还好点儿,在欧洲可能性比较小。

i am in my early 30s and work in investment banking ( back office) in a big bank for 7+ years. if i pass all three exams and become a charterholder, will it be easier for me to move to the front office? or will it easier for me to get a job in asset management (portfolio manager)?
A: back office 工作经验似乎不算相关经验。去FO还要看你个人能力和是否有空缺。这年头FO只裁人不招人,如果招,risk和MO的会被有限考虑

i know the CFA program is about credential, However, will an interviewer favor a charterholder over other candidate even if the charterholder doesn’t do well on the interview?
A:只能提高给你面试的机率,更看重的是相关工作经验和知识。如果面试的不好,你就废了。

when i thought about these questions, i lose motivation. don’t get me wrong, i saw people here are very excited about the exams and very motivated, i envy them and wish i can be like them, but i’ve been struggling among work, life, and CFA and just thinking if it’s worth it…

i have second thought about the CFA program. what can the CFA program guarantee you? a better job? more money?
A: depends. 现在市场不好,加薪估计只有asset management或者funds有可能,banking即使是trader也没有加薪。在美国还好点儿,在欧洲可能性比较小。

i am in my early 30s and work in investment banking ( back office) in a big bank for 7+ years. if i pass all three exams and become a charterholder, will it be easier for me to move to the front office? or will it easier for me to get a job in asset management (portfolio manager)?
A: back office 工作经验似乎不算相关经验。去FO还要看你个人能力和是否有空缺。这年头FO只裁人不招人,如果招,risk和MO的会被有限考虑

i know the CFA program is about credential, However, will an interviewer favor a charterholder over other candidate even if the charterholder doesn’t do well on the interview?
A:只能提高给你面试的机率,更看重的是相关工作经验和知识。如果面试的不好,你就废了。

when i thought about these questions, i lose motivation. don’t get me wrong, i saw people here are very excited about the exams and very motivated, i envy them and wish i can be like them, but i’ve been struggling among work, life, and CFA and just thinking if it’s worth it…

返回列表
上一主题:2012年获得CFA证书的朋友,我怎么现在都没收到证书?
下一主题:财务报表术语中英文对照