上一主题:Reading 4: Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS)-LOS
下一主题:Ethical and Professional Standards 【Reading 4】Sample
返回列表 发帖

Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guidan

Session 1: Ethical and Professional Standards
Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guidance: Professionalism

LOS B.: Independence and Objectivity.

An analyst is told by his supervisor that when he feels he should write a buy recommendation he is free to do so, and when he feels he should write a sell recommendation he should check with the supervisor first. This practice is:

A)
congruent with Standard V(A), Diligence and Reasonable Basis.
B)
in violation of Standard V(A), Diligence and Reasonable Basis.
C)
in violation of Standard I(B), Independence and Objectivity.

The policy dictated by the supervisor would infringe upon the analyst’s independence and objectivity . It would probably discourage the analyst from making sell recommendations and, furthermore, present the opportunity for the supervisor to try and change the analyst’s mind.

[此贴子已经被作者于2010-3-31 11:25:50编辑过]

Joshua Rosenberg, CFA, is an equity analyst who covers Northwest Implements, a farm implement manufacturer. Northwest's main factory is located in a sparsely inhabited region six hours by automobile from the nearest airport. Northwest has its own corporate jet and a landing strip is located near the facility. When Rosenberg contacts Northwest’s management to gather information for a report he is preparing on the company, Northwest’s chief financial officer, Thomas Blake, invites Rosenberg to visit Northwest’s headquarters and meet with management. Blake offers to send Northwest’s corporate jet to pick up Rosenberg from an airport near Rosenberg’s home and to return him home the same evening. Rosenberg estimates that it would require three days for him to make the visit using commercial travel. If Rosenberg accepts Blake’s offer and makes the trip to Northwest’s headquarters on the corporate jet, Rosenberg:

A)
has violated the Code and Standards unless he discloses the trip and the payment of his travel expenses in his report on Northwest.
B)
has not violated the Code and Standards.
C)
has violated the Code and Standards unless he reimburses Northwest for the cost of the trip.

Standard I(B) requires members to maintain independence and objectivity. A visit by an analyst to an out-of-the-way site may be paid for by a client company host as long as the analyst can maintain objectivity. Members should encourage clients to limit the use of corporate aircraft, but exceptions can be made if transportation would not otherwise be available or would be inefficient.

Luis Rodriguez, CFA, is an analyst at XYZ Investments. He covers a company that is located in a region that is not easily accessible. The company invites analysts for their annual analyst meeting and pays for the transportation to the remote location. Rodriguez is:

A)
allowed to accept the payment for transportation as long as it does not exceed $100.
B)
not allowed to accept the payment for transportation because this is a considered a “perk” and may influence his independent judgment.
C)
allowed to accept the payment for transportation because the trip was all business and was out of the way.

Standard I(B) Independence and Objectivity. Analysts should pay for their own travel accommodations if the location is accessible by normal means. In this situation payment is acceptable because the location is out of the way and the purpose of the trip is all business.

In order to comply with the CFA Institute Standards, an analyst should:

A)
use outside research only after verifying its accuracy.
B)
use only his own research in making investment recommendations, because anything else would violate Standard I(B), Independence and Objectivity.
C)
use only his company's research when making investment recommendations and use outside research for reports and analysis on stocks.

Standard I(B), Independence and Objectivity: the analyst is allowed to use outside research only after an insightful review. There are no restrictions regarding the exclusive use of outside information or in-house information.

All of the following would be permitted according to the CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct EXCEPT:

A)
token gifts received from clients.
B)
use of an issuer’s corporate aircraft when commercial transportation is not available.
C)
air transportation paid by a corporate issuer for travel to a major metropolitan airport.

In order to maintain independence and objectivity, members and candidates should restrict special reimbursement arrangements concerning commercial transportation and hotel charges. Use of corporate aircraft is permitted when commercial transportation is not available.

Which of the following gifts to employees from clients does NOT need to be reported to the employee’s employer?

A)
An expensive case of wine.
B)
An inexpensive golf shirt.
C)
A ski-vacation.

According to Standard I(B), Independence and Objectivity, token gifts are allowed.

Tony Calaveccio, CFA, is the manager of the TrustCo Small Cap Venture Fund in Toronto. He places trades for the fund with Worldwide Brokerage. Worldwide is holding a conference in Amsterdam and has offered to pay for Calaveccio's airfare, meals, and accommodations associated with his attendance of the conference. The conference concerns European small cap securities and the EASDAQ. He decides that he will accept their offer and attend the conference. In order to comply with the Code and Standards, he:

A)
should not attend unless he pays for the trip himself.
B)
may attend, but he must disclose the arrangement to TrustCo's clients and prospects as required under Standard IV.B.
C)
may attend, but he must disclose the arrangement to his employer as a gift.

Under Standard I(B) gifts, benefits, compensation, or consideration cannot be accepted if the purpose was to influence or reward. Token items are OK. Worldwide Brokerage is not a client of Calaveccio but an entity that he does business with. As such Worldwide could influence Calaveccio to always do business with them which could be to the detriment of his fund if the execution of their trades starts to deteriorate compared to their competitors.

An analyst who is a CFA Institute member receives an invitation from a business associate’s firm to spend the weekend in a high-quality resort. In order to abide by the Standards, the analyst should (may):

A)
do both of the actions listed here.
B)
refuse the invitation if the associate is from a firm he analyzes for his employer.
C)
obtain written consent from his supervisor if the offer is contingent on achieving a target investment return.

According to Standard I(B) Independence and Objectivity, the analyst should refuse the invitation if it is from a firm the analyst covers for his employer. The analyst can accept the invitation if it is from a client but the analyst must get written consent from his employer if the offer is contingent on future performance, to comply with Standard IV(B) Additional Compensation Arrangements.

c

实用实用

返回列表
上一主题:Reading 4: Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS)-LOS
下一主题:Ethical and Professional Standards 【Reading 4】Sample