返回列表 发帖

i'm having trouble with statistics

meaning i'm doing the reading, and the problems, but have a hard time remembering all formulas. certain parts i'm even having trouble doing the formulas...it's all quite demoralizing! the question is, is it worth paying 1k for a class, or should i wing it, and hope that i excel at all other sections?

(i've done the other quant parts fine- so i'm not sure if statistics just bores me or if i really just don't grasp the concepts!)

Hi! I actually think stats is interesting, but I also have a hard time remembering the formulas. It can be demoralizing!!! Sadly, I get hung up on the counting problems and that should be the easiest!!

It's up to you if you want to pay money for an extra class. I would try just practicing many problems and it will eventually click! I'm not sure if others will agree, but you can also try taking a break from the quant section, study another section for a while and then come back to it. You may be surprise at how well you've actually retained the info.

Take care!

I'm having trouble with STDs.

Instead of taking a class you can do an internet search for:

stats videos cfa

There are quite a few good videos out there.

NC

stats in level one is comprised of calculating the mean, median, and mode. If youre having trouble with that, then maybe the curriculum is not appropriate for you.

jacklee111 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> meaning i'm doing the reading, and the problems,
> but have a hard time remembering all formulas.
> certain parts i'm even having trouble doing the
> formulas...it's all quite demoralizing! the
> question is, is it worth paying 1k for a class, or
> should i wing it, and hope that i excel at all
> other sections?
>
> (i've done the other quant parts fine- so i'm not
> sure if statistics just bores me or if i really
> just don't grasp the concepts!)

Hey man. Elan have some of their quant videos on their samples page. They might help you out.

wake2000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> stats in level one is comprised of calculating the
> mean, median, and mode. If youre having trouble
> with that, then maybe the curriculum is not
> appropriate for you.

You forgot probability distributions, sampling theory, hypothesis testing, etc. etc.

NC

statistics is difficult to understand.

i would focus on:

* confidence intervals

* test statistics

* hypothesis testing (when to reject when to accept)

- when you see how this all comes together, it is much easier. dont worry about knowing the very complex formulas, as they will be a small weight, if at all on the test.

go through it a few times, go on to another section, then come back to it it will make more sense the next go around.

that being said, there is so much you can learn from a difficult concept on your own. you may want to ask a professor or colleague for help.

++ from a June 2010 Level 1 candidate's experience ++

返回列表