上一主题:Inventory Ratios
下一主题:Restricted List-Ethics
返回列表 发帖

Text vs. Schweser question.

I have both the CFAI text and the Schweser notes. I read the CFAI text of the Ethics and Quant sections and I read the Schweser notes of the Econ section. I did this initially because I feel behind schedule, but I began to really like the Schweser notes. Now, I am starting FSA and I'm having a hard time getting through the CFAI text because I know how concise the Schweser notes are.

I want to know if anyone has any advice. Should I force myself through the CFAI text or should I read Schweser and give myself more time to review after? Do the Schweser notes leave anything out? I really want to read the Schweser exclusively, but I'm nervous that I'll miss out on information in the CFAI text. Am I even spelling Schweser correctly?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

LSUTIGER

Personally, I found the econ section incredibly easy compared to FRA/FSA. The Schweser notes are plenty for econ. Since I had a VERY small working knowledge of accounting prior to reading the CFA material, I had a much tougher time with it (and it is more difficult in general). I have been using both on and off, and VERY rarely will I see a question either on Q Bank or CFA text EOC questions that wasn't on Schweser notes, but it does happen rarely.

Summary: If you have prior knowledge about a subject or you just think its easy (econ), Schweser is probably enough. If you know nothing about a subject, I would take a look at both.

返回列表
上一主题:Inventory Ratios
下一主题:Restricted List-Ethics