上一主题:Study Schedule for a non Finance Degree
下一主题:Is it too late to start?
返回列表 发帖

Review one topic at a time or all at once?

There's 2 choices here:
1) go over one section over and over until you fully understand it, and then not really review it very much until a couple days before the test
2) keep going over the entire curriculum (via Q-bank tests, etc.) every day

If anybody knows which method is better (would prefer a scientific response to this!) I would be thrilled.

It seems like when I do the 2nd choice I keep learning the same things over and over because I keep forgetting, but I just have a hard time spending an entire day on a single topic and never brushing over the others.

Sorry, no scientific response for you, but I can tell you what my plan is. For the first run through I'm going over everything lightly and alternating between the CFAI texts and Schweser. When I start to get bored with one section I'll move on to something else that is a bit different, so if problems start to get boring I'll move on to Econ. When I finish a section I'm starting with the Schweser EOC questions and then I go over not only the wrong answers but also the right answers to make sure my reasoning was correct and that I wasn't just lucky.

The initial run through I'm hoping will be pretty quick, and then after getting a better feel for the topics I'm going to go back and do each section more in-depth, and do the questions at the end of the CFAI chapters (and probably re-do the Schweser questions again).

by this time u shud b reviewing in a way that u switch your topics often. Your mind should get used to transition from ethics to quant to eco...etc. Dont get bogged down by just one topic. Or if u want to revise one topic at a time, do stay intouch with other topics thru qbank

I've been going through all the topics on a weekly schedule so I can hit each one 3 times through. That way each topic stays pretty fresh in my mind. Otherwise, I think I would need a re-review of my first few topics (Quant & Econ) that I did. Plus, this way you can build on each time through and get to the more difficult areas and still stay on schedule.

I do a few Q-bank quizzes, see what area needs work, read, then take more quizzes.

It has been working fairly well for me so far. I'm scoring ~79-80 on the Q-bank quizzes. Not quite where I want to be. I would to get up to 85 or so but I am slowly getting closer. I have finished about 25% of the Q-bank questions with my quizzes and plan on finishing the rest up in next 2 weeks. I am trying to do as many questions as possible. I already went through almost LOS in q-bank over the past few months.

If I still have time I'm going to go through the EOC questions in the actual CFAI readings...

Good luck.

m

返回列表
上一主题:Study Schedule for a non Finance Degree
下一主题:Is it too late to start?