上一主题:Best Advice for Level I
下一主题:Study Schedule Question
返回列表 发帖

Quant - Discount Cash Flow Application

I am having trouble with reading number 6 in Book 1 (Discount Cash Flow Application). I do not have a degree in finance so some of this material is relatively new to me. (Masters in Economics).

I have read the reading and used the Schweser Video Lectures and I feel that they show you two different ways of calculating the problems in these sections (using calculator vs doing problems by hand). Is it recommended that I am able to do the time value equations and the discount cash flow equations by hand or should I just understand how to be able to derive the answers by calculator?

Any tips or additional readings for solving for MWR and TWR? I feel that in the CFAI book the latter examples seem fairly difficult and time consuming and there are only a few practice problems and they are no where nearly as long or complicated.

The Quant section is very discouraging. I am hoping that I am able to make up time in the following economic section.

-Jason

Hi,

It is expected that you use a financial calculator, its near impossible to get all of them right and on time without using the calculator ! ( you could refer to the detailed steps in CFAI only to understand the logic of the calculation )

返回列表
上一主题:Best Advice for Level I
下一主题:Study Schedule Question