上一主题:December or June
下一主题:how to do 4 decimal in TI BA II
返回列表 发帖

For those wondering with the CFA is worth it...

I got word that I passed my level one exams in July. Since then I've gotten a huge surge in interest from employers. I have landed an internship and have am on the short list for positions at an asset management company and a large energy company.

Congrats. I would surmise you are at a very junior analyst level yes? Recent college or still in college?

Once you have some experience, L1 doesn't do anything for you anymore.

Congrats. Do share some more background info for the benefit of everyone else

Congratulations on your offers.

Great stuff Geiger. Hope you have some solid positive news to share with us sometime very soon.

For the benefit of everyone else, I want to emphasize on two things that are really important in a job search, especially in such difficult economic times.

First- it is VERY important to network.
Second- Try to get relevant work experience even if its through projects, research, unpaid internships etc.

Some people just have stellar academics on their resumes including a couple of levels of the CFA under their belt and expect interview and job offers to just roll in their way. That's not how it is. The CFA definitely helps but your networking and experience is also very important.

Well done Geiger. Kudos to you for tapping into your contacts and keep your head up during the job search. I wish you the very best.

Hey all (especially BeatTheCFA who has been a big positive contributor to the forums),

I graduated in 2007 with a BA in history from the University of Delaware and currently reside in the state. I do have a couple of years experience in a big 4 firm and internship experience in finance. The positions are still junior in nature though it provides some experience on the trading floor. I am going to remain vague in the nature of the positions since I am still on the short list for a couple of full time positions.

I did get accepted to an internship with a derivatives company through a contact I made at the CFA society. The contact has been gratious enough to give me a paid set of mini Project based internships to develop my skill set while giving me the freedom to pursue the other positions in the interim.

If you have the time, I would strongly suggest volunteering with your local chapter. It provides an opportunity to network and learn more about the investment community. The Philly chapter normally holds an event each week.

Best wishes,

Geiger

返回列表
上一主题:December or June
下一主题:how to do 4 decimal in TI BA II