上一主题:CFA LEVEL 1 JUNE 2011
下一主题:Something about debt to equity ratio
返回列表 发帖

taking way too long to go through material

does anyone else find that they are taking way to long to go through all the material?

I am reading pages, making notes and going back to the basic sections when i dont understand something.

Is it best to not make notes and just use eleventh hour/secret sauce at the end when doing questions?

i have spent about 1 and a half months covering 2 books (incl FRA).

any thoughts/tips/recommendations?

I agree it does take a long time and sometimes I get frustrated b/c in two study sessions (usually about 2-3 hours a piece) I may only cover a few pages..But then again other times I can cover 20-30 pages in one sitting.

I also take a lot of notes as I go, usually the definitions I find important or little excerpts here and there - I can't imagine not doing this, it makes for an excellent reference to help when going over practice problems and I'm sure it will come in handy when I'm done the books and want to review.

I've been studying for a month now and have finished the ethics/quant book, econ book and now am about 1/3 done the FRA (i'm using schwesser)

I say its worth it to take your time and take notes..yea it takes a hell of a lot longer but you are much more likely to retain info better than someone who just reads everything really fast

I agree that taking notes helps to retain info, but at the same time if you are taking notes and then are only able to read over all the material once +write notes, I'm not sure if it is better than someone who was able to read over all the material 3 X because they didn't write notes.

It's a personal decision, and really depends on your own learning style. Personally, I think taking notes is best IF you have the time (for e.g., if taking notes means you will finish writing your last page of notes on Nov. 30, then IMO you don't have the time)

I prefer to read over everything multiple times. I have read through the CFA books and done all of the EOC q's twice. I am now into Schweser FRA and I'm feeling pretty good about everything. Everyone learns in a different way; this method works for me.

返回列表
上一主题:CFA LEVEL 1 JUNE 2011
下一主题:Something about debt to equity ratio