上一主题:stupid mistakes
下一主题:should I still go if I know I'm going to FAIL?
返回列表 发帖

background checks on job applications

I was hoping someone could fill me in with any information they have on this topic. I have a few very minor offenses (public intoxication when I was 19 years old and a city ordinance violation for open alcohol in a motor vehicle (even though the car was off and the driver was gone) when I was 21). I am now 24, but will these violations hurt my chances at landing a job. I am in the last rounds of an interview process and have to submit an application soon. Any information will be appreciated.

Different job applications ask different things. Usually they only care about acts of fraud. I wouldn't hold those 2 minor alcohol offenses against anyone.

If they ask you if there is anything they should know about, mention them.

Many times they will ask just to see what you dont tell them and then compare it to the background check when it comes back, and not bringing them up will be much more of a red flag because in their eyes you are potentially hiding other things.

And if they are asking, just be a man about it and describe what happened, @#$%& happens and people know this. Its not like you held up a gas station or something.

If they dont ask you what they will find; just keep it to yourself.

***this has been my experience, feel free to correct me.

if these are misdemeanors and they ask on the app if you commited any crime, then you need to write it down.

if they ask you verbally if there is anything they should know, don't say it. if they ask you verbally if you commited a crime, then you need to say it. be honest, but don't give up free information.

btw, you should get these expunged if you can. then you can honestly say no.

Just be honest, it's the best policy especially in a scenario like this. And whatever the result is, don't go crazy on the celebratory pops! ;)

返回列表
上一主题:stupid mistakes
下一主题:should I still go if I know I'm going to FAIL?