返回列表 发帖

Which topics MUST you use CFAI texts in its entirety?

I've heard Schweser study guides are inadequate substitutes for the level 2 exam. I plan on covering all of the EOC questions and reading CFAI texts for some of the topics but i know i'm gonna run out of time and will have to settle for Schweser as my reading material.

My question to those who have used Schweser for level 2 is, which topics are adequately covered by Schweser?

you can work a full time job and still have time to read the cfai texts from now till exam.

I would def. use CFAI for Ethics.....maybe even Equity since it's 40% of the exam

Depends. But it might be useful to look at their tables and exhibits.

I only used the CFAI texts for the EOCs, and I survived level II. It is definitely possible to throw out your CFAI books and still pass (With an adequate prep provider). Although, If I had to pick a section where you might want CFAI, it's ethics.

That being said, everyone learns, prepares, and succeeds differently.

I agree with team_alex, many candidates are able to pass Level2 exam using Schweser notes and some test provider. However, it depends on your understanding of concepts, if you have understood the topic and done CFAI curriculum EOC without any problem then you might not need to go through CFAI text.
I have passed Level2 recently and in my opinion you shouldn't rely on Schweser notes for Financial Statement Analysis and in case you have time, you can also go through CFAI Curriculum for Ethics.

I didn't face any problem on the exam or during practice (EOCs/mocks etc). In my opinion, Schweser notes is good for every area except FSA provided that you do a lot of practice questions.

Hi night-owl,

May I know whether you already had a background in Finance and therefore, you find that Schweser alone is sufficient for the Level 2 exam? Thanks

I did BBA with majors in finance but believe me it didn't help much. In my point Schweser alone is enough if you use a good prep provider for practice along with it. Also, ensure that you cover all the concepts in CFAI curriculum.
You need a lot of practice and deep understanding of concepts to get through the Level 2.

返回列表