上一主题:side letter, sidecar, tag-a-long
下一主题:Ethics in morning session
返回列表 发帖

Switching From IT consulting to Asset Management

So finally the day has arrived for me. I am evaluating a potential offer that will require me to work with a startup asset manager focused on helping institutions and high net worth private clients. The work will involve analyzing capital markets, developing asset allocation models, automating process to produce quarterly client reports, helping with client relations and if time permits bring in new business. As such business development is not focus.

Given my background in management and high end IT consulting I want to make sure I ramp up very quickly on the new job and outperform expectations. I understand there are very smart people here. Do any of you currently work in similar role or are have worked in past?

Looking for some tips that will help me do the right things in 1st two weeks, 1st 60 days and 1st 90 days, as partners perception of me in these periods will set the tone for the years ahead.

Any books, excel trainings, templates if you used...

How is growth potential from here?

I hope I can be more than rookie...CFA level 1, 2 and 3 curriculum has taught me quite a few tricks which I will like to leverage on the new job. But having a humble and learning attitude will certainly go long way.

I definitely am one of the soldiers too with this additional load. Pt noted and taken thus moving to general discussion as well.

返回列表
上一主题:side letter, sidecar, tag-a-long
下一主题:Ethics in morning session