上一主题:Corporate Finance - Inflation Effects
下一主题:Variance/Covariance Approach to VAR
返回列表 发帖

Kaplan Practice Exams Books vs real exams level 1

I am taking level one next week, and my scores have been all over the map in the practice exams. How did you feel you did on your Kaplan practice exams (the books volumes 1 and 2 with 6 full tests) vs the real exam? Which was more difficult, etc.?

Thanks

I felt like Kaplan was more difficult. but I was more uncertain about my answers in the actual exam just because I was used to the same kaplan exam writer, the way he wrote, the order of topics (the actual test was different). The actual test was just more foreign to me in general.

In the Kaplan stuff I could bomb a lot of topics but I knew that when I got to Fixed Inc and Equity I could get 90%+ every time (saving my score). But on the real test I got 50-70 in equities. I felt like Kaplan was too concentrated on calc'ing PV of stocks and bonds when I would've been better off learning more terminology type stuff.

I did pass, btw. I normally got 72-78 on my Kaplan tests. I remember feeling like I got 85%+ in the AM. I even finished over 30 minutes early and took a dump mid ethics or quant, I don't recall. The 2nd half of the test kicked my butt, I'd be surprised if I got over 65%

My best advice would be not to stress out. If you have 11th hour guide or secret sauce read that thing consantly. I did 6 three hour practice test and maybe I'm not sure how much additional benefit I gout out of the last 2. Keep reviewing your weakest areas and try not to stress much.

The second volume gets a bit esoteric. Neither is that close to the real thing.

I would not consider performance on a kaplan test to be that indicative of how you'll perform on test day.

Try the actual CFA mock exams. Google.

返回列表
上一主题:Corporate Finance - Inflation Effects
下一主题:Variance/Covariance Approach to VAR