上一主题:Study Session 7; does it seem light?
下一主题:Soft Dollars
返回列表 发帖

Memorizing formulas

Hi all,

Pardon me for pointing out the obvious but theres a $hit load of formulas to retain in this level. Understanding the formulas helps tremendously but theres still alot of memorizing which needs to be done. Any advise on how to make the process of memorizing formulas less painful?

note cards...have them on your person at all times

CFA Jay, CFA

Note cards are key for me. You are right, there are many formulas - read the LOS to make sure you don't remember formulas you don't need.

L2 is for memory nerds

As I work my way through the material, I'm making my own specialized note cards. I'll put in formulas and notes on what i think is "testable" material. I'm trying to go over my notes cards each week to keep concepts fresh in my head. Although this seems obvious, I think repetition is going to be the key to memorizing all of this info. It's still early so the more we sacrifce now, the easier it will be in June!

CFA Jay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> note cards...have them on your person at all times

This is what I did for L1 and doing again for L2. Have them on me and take a look whether I'm on the bus, riding the train, waiting in a doctor's office, etc. The homemade note cards are the best, imho.

I have a notebook where I have written down the formulas segregated by section. I try to keep going over the previous sections once or twice a week to keep the material fresh.

NOTE CARDS.
Go get yourself the 5 stack from staples and start writing them down. I spend the morning train ride reviewing them and then at night review and write down 5 times.

SEE IT, WRITE IT, READ IT...ACHIEVE IT!!!!!!

Just not in the exam center. LOL

I don't think it's possible to write all the exam's formulas down 5 times in one day... I spend over an hour writing just my equity ones only once

返回列表
上一主题:Study Session 7; does it seem light?
下一主题:Soft Dollars