上一主题:repeaters
下一主题:front office jobs
返回列表 发帖

is anyone else having fun?

Well, I don't mean the most fun ever, but I find myself studying this material (with the exception of GIPS, obviously) and thinking, "this is actually sort of useful stuff." Maybe it's because I'm in private wealth management, but the fear that I might ultimately have to retake this last exam is mitigated substantially by the sense the material is actually pretty interesting—completely different than the arcane machinations of Level 2.

Anyone else feel that way?

Not feeling that way at all. I am in private wealth management, as well, and was formerly an institutional money manager. I find that while some of the information is useful, so much of it is written from an academic rather than a practitioner's standpoint that its like I have to unlearn what I know to be correct in order to pass the exam. Oh, and there's that huge fear of having to sit for this thing another time if I don't get it right the first time. Saps what little enjoyment I would otherwise be gettign from this little excersize.

I wouldn't say it is fun...but certainly better than L2...IMO...

I prefer L3 to L2...

I am in fund management and enjoy this stuff. But derivatives freak me out. As for GIPS, I don't bother myself about the nitty gritty stuff; it is all about taking your points and giving CFAI theirs.

I'm with BP on this one. I thought it was interesting on the first couple of passes, but I'm in full cram mode now. That takes away any interest I had and just makes studying something that has to be done most of the hours I spend away from work.

At this point I really can't wait for June 5th.

Gotta say, im a huge finance nerd but at this point after years of taking the beating, having no life, and waking up with bloodshot eyes every day before going to work, I can honestly say that I receive not one ounce of pleasure from it anymore. I need a break, then ill be ready to study something new. . . . .shouldnt have started studying for level 1 the day after I graduated in finance and math. Oversaturation and pressure with no break has ruined alot of my enthusiasm

Honest to goodness - I am feeling pretty comfortable in non-stop study mode. Makes me feel like I'm giving it my best shot and that is a good feeling.

And I kind of like GIPS as a subject in the same way I like Ethics.

I'm like a big, metal studying machine/robot that's made of steel.

返回列表
上一主题:repeaters
下一主题:front office jobs