上一主题:Relative PPP for finding Spot Rates -- Q
下一主题:Which exchange rate to translate common stock?
返回列表 发帖

Stop Watch from Beeping (at least for Casio)

Hi everyone, hopefully my first post will help some of you out. I was stumped at how I could keep my Casio watch from beeping so I could use it as a timer for the exam.

After some digging I found that on several of their sports type watches Casio uses the back of the case as the "beeper". When taking my watch apart to replace the battery I found that there's a tiny spring that touches the metal case back making electrical contact with the "beeper" glued to the case back. With the case back off, the watch works fine, and the beeps are gone. So I tried to remove the spring, but it appears to be attached well and I didn't want to break it. I found that I could just rotate the case back 180deg then reassemble and the spring is no longer lined up with the electrical contact for the beeper.

So now I'm setup with my timer for Saturday with no beeps!

Not sure if other watch brands do the same thing but it may be worth experimenting by removing the case back for those of you who still can't figure out how to silence their watches for the exam.

Good luck everyone!

I'm not sure, I just know they said you could use a watch only if it didn't beep. So I guess people have wanted to do this in the past.

I know my test location is a conference center/ballroom type setting, so I'm envisioning one or two clocks on the walls that may or may not be close to me. Then maybe the proctor will give out the time every once in a while (hopefully not too often because a constant time warning would drive me crazy), but I'd like to know where I stand time-wise without having to rely on them to tell me.

返回列表
上一主题:Relative PPP for finding Spot Rates -- Q
下一主题:Which exchange rate to translate common stock?