上一主题:CPK- PVGO (no growth?)
下一主题:Libor-based asset/liability
返回列表 发帖

Credit Analyst (?)

I'm currently working as a "Credit Analyst" for American Express. I really don't think this is the traditional definition of a credit analyst. I pretty much look at files, and see who's past due and how much money they might be able to handle without losing that money. But I really like the place that I'm working at right now. Amex is the best company I've ever worked for so far....(even though it doesn't have a securities side to the company and I commute like about 3 hours a day....while studying on the train).

I want to know if I should start looking for a job in the investment field. I mean, credit analysts can be put on the work experience as part for the CFA and that should still be ok right? Did any of you ever do this role while you're starting your level 1 exam? Are you still in it? Thanks for your help guys!

almost anything related to finance can be put up as experience in my opinion. so if you like your job its no probs.

Seems to be more actuarial related then 'investment' related.

Sure, at the end of the day, the profit loss is affected with that, but not in the investment decision way.

Based on the above description, I would be surprised if that counts.

返回列表
上一主题:CPK- PVGO (no growth?)
下一主题:Libor-based asset/liability